Saturday, May 10, 2008


Well, it has been quite some time since we've updated, so let me just fill you in on everything that's been happening...

Last Sunday after church we went up to Williamsport to visit my family. My mom, Gram, and Mindy worked all day to make a big dinner for everyone. They tried to have all of my favorites: my Gram's drop noodle chicken pot pie, rolls, chocolate pie, and sticky buns. And my mom even had some lilacs in vases around the house because she knows I love them. I appreciated the attention to detail. :-) Everything was DELICIOUS and almost my whole family was there, which was great. Then most of them actually ended up coming back the next day and we had a cookout in the backyard--hamburgers and hot dogs on the fire, corn on the cob... Good stuff. So it was a lot of fun, and we really enjoyed ourselves and loved spending some time with everyone. There was, unfortunately, one person missing, though. We're still awaiting the arrival of little Carter and were really hoping Mindy would have him before last weekend, but no dice. Hopefully I'll be able to see him soon.

We got back home on Tuesday afternoon after a detour to Kutztown to hang out with Shanna for a little while. From then on out we didn't really do much besides pack. We made a little bit of time to hang out with a few people, and we realize that we didn't get a chance to hang out with everyone. To those of you who wanted to spend some time with us before we left, we're so sorry. We really wanted to--we just literally ran out of time. :-( We would have loved to have been able to spend a lot more time with each of you, but unfortunately it just didn't work out. But visitors are welcome, and we'll definitely be back periodically.

We had a bit of a packing adventure, running out of both time and boxes. We made a late night run to try to obtain more boxes and managed to get most of it done, but there was still a decent amount we couldn't do anything with until moving day. Yesterday we packed up the truck, despite rain, two sprained ankles, and the box shortage. Fortunately, we had help--we wouldn't have gotten very far without everyone who showed up! :-)

After a few hours of sleep we were finally on the road by 4am this morning. We're actually still on the road--it's almost 4pm now and we have probably 5 hours to go, including stops. I'm hoping we'll be able to get the place cleaned and most of our stuff unloaded before we crash tonight. Then tomorrow we'll be able to take our time a little bit more and get everything put away.

I still can't really believe we're doing this! I feel like a crazy person, but I'm really excited, too. We'll hopefully be posting updates a little more frequently now that we're not so crazy busy, so check back soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment